- Number of Online Degrees Offered: 45
- Hybrid Option: Yes
- Degree Levels Offered: Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, Certificate, Individual Courses
- Degree Fields Offered: Business, Health care, Criminal Justice & Law, Math & Science, Engineering & Computer Science, Public Service, Psychology & Counseling, Hospitality
Founded in 1889, Saint Leo University is a regionally accredited university located in Tampa, Fl. The institution enrolls nearly 16,000 students in its academic programs and provides more than 45 degree and certificate programs to distance learners around the globe. In addition to its regional accreditation, Saint Leo has earned specialized accreditation from several additional organizations as well for the quality of certain programs. The institution was established on a Catholic set of foundation beliefs and strives to maintain that heritage and pass it on to its traditional and online students through the curriculum.
Online Learning at Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University recognizes that some students lack the time of ability to attend college in the traditional manner due to tight schedules or the demands of work or family life. Because of this, Saint Leo has designed more than 45 complete degree programs and certificate programs that can be completed entirely online. Distance learners can study, complete and submit assignments, and collaborate with classmates or instructors remotely. This flexibility opens up new possibilities for higher levels of education previously unavailable to these students.
The programs are available at every level of education: associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificates. Additionally, the programs cover many popular areas of study, such as business, health, and education. If students prefer to retain a certain level of face-to-face communication or traditional learning methods, they may choose to take a portion of their classes on campus and the remainder online.
Enrolling at Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University strives to accept students from all education levels and backgrounds to add to the diverse community of learners. Distance learners will be evaluated for admission by the same standards as traditional students. Though additional requirements may apply depending on degree type or level, these are the most common requirements for undergraduates and graduates:
Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Proof of high school graduation (diploma or GED scores)
- Official academic transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores
- Any professional training documentation that may count towards academic credit
Prospective Graduate Students
- Official transcripts showing completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GMAT scores (unless meeting criterion for exception)
- Written statement
- Two professional recommendations
- Current resume showing professional work experience
Certain degree programs in various departments may require additional supporting documentation. For example, some programs require the student to provide specialized certification or licensure to establish eligibility. Specific departments may necessitate higher GPA scores or scores from additional tests.